ICT

ICT

< Back to Cambridge Technicals in IT

Level 2 IT Unit 5 - P2

simons3
simons3
Posts: 323

Hi all, after looking at the model assignment for this unit in P2 it states that 

 

Thedesignshouldallow WRStorecordif anapplicantwishestobeinvitedforaninterviewforaspecificjob,suchasachef, whenit becomesavailablewithaparticularemployer.Thesolutionyoudesignmustbeableto createa lettertoeachapplicantinterestedinapplyingforthejob,toadvisethemofdetailsrelating totheinterview.

 

Can a spreadsheet be used for the students to record this data in and also then mail merge it after filtering the results?  Or is this a database task?

 

Replies

simons3
simons3
Posts: 323

Hi Mo, happy new year for P1 d the students describe what makes a digital practiconer? It says for P1 how they support busineses - is this contained when they describe the characteristics and responsibilities?

Mo Everett
Mo Everett
Posts: 1318
Quote:
Originally posted by simons3, 11:24, 3rd January 2019

Hi Mo, happy new year for P1 d the students describe what makes a digital practiconer? It says for P1 how they support busineses - is this contained when they describe the characteristics and responsibilities?

HI Simon

Happy New Year to you as well.

Yes, it can be based on what they say when they include the characteristics and responsibilities.  It depends on how they put it together.

What we are looking for is them extending the responsibilities and characteristics and include particular job roles and explain how these support business.  So, for example, if they are good at using web design software, how could this support a business?

Hope that makes.

Mo

simons3
simons3
Posts: 323

Hi Mo, are you able to provide guidance on this please?

 

Simon

Mo Everett
Mo Everett
Posts: 1318
Quote:
Originally posted by simons3, 10:17, 20th December 2018

Hi Mo, are you able to provide guidance on this please?

 

Simon

Well hello Simons3, long time since I have heard from you.

Look at the rest of the assignment brief as everything is a follow-on from P2.  If in your mind, the assessment criteria can all be achieved via implementing a spreadsheet for the solution, then that is your answer.

As long as the solution will meet the needs of the business and do what they need it to do, then it can be whatever the learner decides.

I hope that helps.

Kindest regards

Mo

simons3
simons3
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally posted by Mo Everett, 12:35, 20th December 2018

Well hello Simons3, long time since I have heard from you.

Look at the rest of the assignment brief as everything is a follow-on from P2.  If in your mind, the assessment criteria can all be ...

Read more
Read less

Well hello Simons3, long time since I have heard from you.

Look at the rest of the assignment brief as everything is a follow-on from P2.  If in your mind, the assessment criteria can all be achieved via implementing a spreadsheet for the solution, then that is your answer.

As long as the solution will meet the needs of the business and do what they need it to do, then it can be whatever the learner decides.

I hope that helps.

Kindest regards

Mo

Hi Mo, thanks for that with the design is it ok for them to sketch it out.  I've not been on as my password did not for a long time

 

Simon

Mo Everett
Mo Everett
Posts: 1318
Quote:
Originally posted by simons3, 13:07, 20th December 2018

Hi Mo, thanks for that with the design is it ok for them to sketch it out.  I've not been on as my password did not for a long time

 

Simon

Hi Simon

As long as there is evidence of their design, it can be sketeched out, electronic or a combination of both.  Refer to the teaching content for the unit as this give an indication as to what is required.

Kindest regards

Mo

simons3
simons3
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally posted by Mo Everett, 13:30, 20th December 2018

Hi Simon

As long as there is evidence of their design, it can be sketeched out, electronic or a combination of both.  Refer to the teaching content for the unit as this give an indication as to what is required.

Kindest regards

Mo

Hi Mo, hope you are well, in the model assignment it states - 

 

Aclient,WestwoodRecruitmentServices(WRS),isanemploymentagencywhichspecialisesin providingstaffforthehospitalityindustry.TheagencyhasvettedtheCVssuppliedtothemby applicantsto matchthesewithapotentialjobrolee.g.chef.Whenanemployerhasa vacancyfor

ajobsuchasachef,WRSwillletapplicantsknowaboutthejobroleandfindoutif theywishtobe interviewedfortheposition.WRSwillseta closingdate,andaftertheclosingdateit willarrange interviewsforalltheapplicantsinterestedinthepost,sendingthemaletterinvitingthemfor interview.Theletterwillinformtheapplicantaboutthelocation,dateandtimeoftheinterview,as wellasanyotherkeydetailsthatmayberelevant.


 

for each applicant on top of knowing what job they want to apply for should they then also include which company they want to use

Mo Everett
Mo Everett
Posts: 1318
Quote:
Originally posted by simons3, 13:35, 31st January 2019

Hi Mo, hope you are well, in the model assignment it states - 

 

Aclient,WestwoodRecruitmentServices(WRS),isanemploymentagencywhichspecialisesin providingstaffforthehospitalityindustry...

Read more
Read less

Hi Mo, hope you are well, in the model assignment it states - 

 

Aclient,WestwoodRecruitmentServices(WRS),isanemploymentagencywhichspecialisesin providingstaffforthehospitalityindustry.TheagencyhasvettedtheCVssuppliedtothemby applicantsto matchthesewithapotentialjobrolee.g.chef.Whenanemployerhasa vacancyfor

ajobsuchasachef,WRSwillletapplicantsknowaboutthejobroleandfindoutif theywishtobe interviewedfortheposition.WRSwillseta closingdate,andaftertheclosingdateit willarrange interviewsforalltheapplicantsinterestedinthepost,sendingthemaletterinvitingthemfor interview.Theletterwillinformtheapplicantaboutthelocation,dateandtimeoftheinterview,as wellasanyotherkeydetailsthatmayberelevant.


 

for each applicant on top of knowing what job they want to apply for should they then also include which company they want to use

Hi Simon

I am well thanks although reading your copy and pasted section from the model assignment was a bit of  challenge!!

It is not mandatory for them to include which company they want to use.  An applicant may not mind as long as they have the opportunity to apply for a job.

Kindest regards

Mo

simons3
simons3
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally posted by Mo Everett, 14:30, 31st January 2019

Hi Simon

I am well thanks although reading your copy and pasted section from the model assignment was a bit of  challenge!!

It is not mandatory for them to include which company they want to use.  An applicant may not mind as long as they have the opportunity to apply for a job.

Kindest regards

Mo

Sorry Mo and thanks for the prompt response